August 23, 2009

Crazy for Bananas & Mommy's Peas!

The fruit of the week for this week is bananas! Kaylynn seemed to enjoy them, but lately, she seems to enjoy everything! We are also giving her banana flavored oatmeal with her dinner (veggies) and she is taking well to it. It seems to be helping her sleep because she was waking up at least 3 times a night recently and we couldn't figure out why. So we are feeding her more food and have returned to swaddling her. She still enjoys being swaddled, and at this point, I'll do whatever it takes to catch some z's. Her sleeping has been pretty inconsistent since May and the only time she will sleep is when she is swaddled, so you gotta do what you gotta do. Dr. Campbell says it's okay to swaddle her for as long as she likes it. I tease Tyson and tell him that we will have to send her to college with a snuggie. :)



I always taste the baby food before I give it to Kaylynn. I figure if I expect her to eat it, I might as well try it to see what it tastes like. I tried the bananas and they tasted a little funny so it inspired me to finally attempt to make my own food. I've always been curious, but have been way too lazy to even try it. I always thought it was a pain in the butt so I just bought the food instead. Well today I was inspired. We had a bag of frozen peas so I figured, what the heck, if it doesn't work out, I only wasted about $1.00 which is the cost of two servings of store bought baby food. I used our Vita-Mix to puree the food and it actually worked out great! It took me a while to figure out the right texture but overall, it was pretty easy. One bag of peas made 1 ice cube tray. I decided to try the peas tonight for dinner. I figured, it couldn't be any worse than the store bought peas which she really didn't care for. Turns out, mommy's peas are way sweeter than the store bought ones and she gobbled them right up without any hesitation. I was SO happy that she enjoyed my cooking. :) I have enough peas for the week, so I think I might try squash next weekend. We'll see how it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment