June 11, 2009

4 Month Visit

Today was Kaylynn's 4 month visit.  She weighed 12 pounds, 6 ounces and was 24 inches long.  She is in the 25% for weight and 50% for height.  While we were waiting for Dr. Campbell to come in, we were trying to entertain Kaylynn and daddy got her to laugh.  It was the cutest thing EVER.  The thing with Kaylynn is that she is camera shy.  If she sees the camera she will stop doing everything and be really still, so we have to be pretty tricky when we capture these moments.  :)  Right after that she projectile vomited all over the table and floor.  It was so gross!  Kaylynn did pretty good with the immunizations.  Last time, she threw up the oral vaccine but she took it all today (probably because she already threw up).  She screamed pretty loud after they gave her shots, but we were still so proud of her.  She hasn't been fussy at all since the appointment, so I think she is in good shape.




Dr. Campbell told us we are free to start rice cereal whenever we want, but it would make her more constipated.  She already has trouble pooping everyday, and at times will only poop every 3-4 days, so I'm not sure I want to battle rice cereal quite yet.  Maybe we will put it off for a few weeks when she hits 5 months.  I asked if we could switch to the regular formula but she suggested that with Kaylynn's gas issues we wait until she is 6 months.  

Overall she said Kaylynn is developing perfectly, but she emphasized how important tummy time is.  We are hoping if we force the tummy time, Kaylynn will start to roll over.  She did it once, but we think it was by accident.  :)

Here is a picture of the "sick bed" we made for Kaylynn when we got home from the doctor.  She loves watching the NBA playoffs!!!


1 comment:

  1. Poor little girl...shots are no fun =( Kaylynn has such a great giggle, I can't wait for Gemma to start doing that. I think its good that you are waiting on the rice cereal...you don't want to make her belly worse. Great work getting the video on!!

    ReplyDelete