Tyson called me on Wednesday to see if I wanted to do Pat’s Run, a 4.2 mile run in honor of Pat Tillman. A bunch of the teachers at his school were doing it. I said sure, why not, it will help me get in shape. When is it? He said this Saturday. I was like are you serious? How am I supposed to go from running 0 miles to 4.2 in 3 days? He was like you don’t have to do it and I’m like, no, I’ll do it. So when I got home from work that day I decided that I better start training. I went jogging on the wash and made it about a mile and a quarter. The next day I started to freak out knowing it was my last day to train because we had plans Friday after work. So I just ran and ran and ran and I made it 4 miles! I couldn’t believe it! I have NEVER ran more than 2 miles in my life! I was so proud of myself and at that point, I knew I could do it. We woke up at 4:45am Saturday morning to get ready for the run. We were able to bring Kaylynn along with us and she was such a trooper. She was fussy in the morning but by the time the run began, she was just fine. Tyson pushed her the entire race while I fell behind and did a slow jog. BUT we did it and it was so much fun! Afterwards we went to the Tavern on Mill and enjoyed some salty dogs. Soooo good!
April 19, 2009
Pat's Run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment