February 5, 2012

Potty Trained!

OMG.  I never thought I'd be able to say this, but KK is officially POTTY TRAINED!  I've been waiting a while to post it on the blog because I figured it was a fluke.  Miss Ashley, Kaylynn's teacher, literally potty trained her in one day!  It was incredible.  I honestly couldn't believe it!  I don't know how she did it.  She must be the potty whisperer.  She wears underwear all day including nap and I put her in a Pullup at night.  Sometimes she wakes up dry, sometimes not.  I figure that will take a bit to master.  The only issue we are having is that she takes forever to poop.  She will ask to go potty and say her bottom hurts about a half dozen times but nothing ever comes of it.  Eventually when I make her just sit there she will poop.  It's usually a 30 minute ordeal.  The other night she literally sat on the pot for 52 minutes and was pooping the entire time.  I hope she speeds that process up because I don't have 52 minutes for her to poop.  :)  Usually it helps if she is watching the iPad.  It seems to relax her and lessens the number of trips to the potty.

I'm SO proud of KK. I can't believe she is finally potty trained!

1 comment:

  1. Gemma sits there forever too. We give her books to read while she is pooping. Pobably a bad habit to start but otherwise she complains and gets on and off a hundred times before actualy pooping

    ReplyDelete